Friday 28 September 2012

Enjoying retirement to the full.....

Those of you that follow me on the blogg...www.the adventures of Gryff , will be aware that during the summer we had a huge Berner family BarkBQ to celebrate Merlin, our boss dogs retirement, and to christen Freyas two pups Chaos and Havoc....(Asti and Lace).  Well now it's time to update you on Merlins peaceful quiet retired lifestyle...NOT! That dog has more social engagements than the Queen and her royal corgis. First of all, he still insists on coming to work at least three days a week.wouldnt be so bad but he is still on full salary, never mind a pension.... Sausages, sausage rolls pasties, you name it he still draws it. And how exactly am I supposed to keep the two legs under control when I have him looking over my paw all the time? I know I winged earlier on about everybody expecting too much from me, but sorting out two legs isn't exactly bone science is it? I mean any canine can do it with two paws tied  below their tail. . Add to that he regularly decides he wants to B&B ( bone and biscuit) at auntie Jackies over night,  just so he can take romantic walks with Flo down the lane in the dark.... I know what he's up to! If I were Dexter or Rob, I would soon put a stop to that. He gets massages, special treats, pâté for tea AND breakfast and then comes ambling into work with this great big grin all over his bone shoot! He needs to remember you only retire if you are getting old.... He could well give himself a heart attack, behaving like a two year old.  Then , yesterday my old mate Bryn brought his two legs over to see me, and blow me if he doesn't invite  himself for another weeks holiday with them. I mean it's only a few weeks ago he got back from there, giving me grief about loosing the family silver! (you will have to read the blogg) . I mean seriously, he has the cheek of a feline! Just because he is tall, handsome, well mannered, does as he is told (when it suits) and can gets away with murder, everybody thinks he is marvellous. I mean they even call him The Hoff. More like The Huff if you ask me!  He swans off leaving me to deal with the Troll, Havoc and Chaos, looking after the girls, work and a jellied white gsd. Sounds to me as though I need to check my holiday allowance and start taking a bit of time off.  I bet as we speak, he is being fed liver cake off a silver dog bowl, lying on a settee, being stroked and waited on paw and foot!  Oh well , all I can say is..... If you have it, Flaunt it! Enjoy yourself mate, and roll on my retirement, I can't wait!!!! Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment