Saturday 19 October 2013

Carting crash causes chaos

Www.the adventures of Gryff..... Well after mixing it once again with the I pad imp... I am back again, again!. The little shit just won't give up. One day I can't get into safari, then it's the blogg and tomorrow I have no doubt it will be something else. Good job her indoors has got loads of friends who know how to deal with computers cluster f@@@@ ups!  Add to that the fact that I am in deep deep dodo over Merlins classic cart and you could say it's been one of those days! We got an invite to go out carting today, her indoors , me and Lace ( who in fairness has never been before). Me, well I've been out on a couple of double trouble runs with uncle Rob and Dexter, and I thought I had it sorted. Anyway off we went down this quiet lane and I decided that carting just wasn't my thing. I am handsome , good looking, cool and a babe magnet, so what do I need to cart for? It wasn't until she said that the girls always go for a guy with his own wheels that I decided to play properly! Anyway I did ok for a while and then I went for it big time. The end result was that I split the shafts where they join the cart turntable, bolts, pins and steel tube (where the hole is reinforced for the bolt) the lot. I knew her indoors was pretty ticked off with me when she said Merlin had used that cart for nearly nine years and apart from rolling it in the snow one year, he had never had an accident with it! Oooops!. Do you know what they made me do...... I had to ask him as I walked through the door if he was fully comp and had he got protected no claims? LIKE I can afford to pay for it! It was an accident (well nearly). Then to add insult to injury they put the harness on Lace together with the traces, carried by my old mate uncle Rob and she never even batted an eyelid.  She walked up and down with them like she'd done it all her life and I got left in the van to watch how a female drives. Talk about having the old bone shoot rubbed in it! Anyway Uncle Rob has kindly offered to try and mend the darn thing, JUST cause it's Merlins , to get brownie points with him , and I have been banned from Trick n treating..... Like I want to be wrapped up in bandages anyway!  Much rather be a dragon or a vampire bat than a Mummy anyway. Oh well I suppose I shall just have to suck it up... It's my birthday soon, perhaps if I ask for biscuits from everyone, I will be able to pay it off like that. Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment