Sunday 27 October 2013

I just love the smell of Sundays....

Ok, ok, all you four legs out there know exactly what I mean...... The oven goes on, the joint goes in, the potatoes get roasted, Yorkshire pudding, is there anything better I ask myself. (And NO girls don't count fellas). Her indoors has officially declared it winter YIPPEEEEE ! That means Halloween casserole, hot veggie rice, roasted potatoes and all the goodies that we seem to loose a bit during the summer.  Now that they are forecasting seriously bad and blowy weather, her indoors has got out the winter cookbook for two legs and four legs and has already started. Today we have pork crackling on the menu ( no the TROLL  is not having it all, or our visitors!)  with roasties, carrots, parsnips, cauli and cabbage,  and and if we are really really good YORKSIRE puds.  But then again, I shall really miss all the BBQ sausage and stuff she does during the summer.  Then there will be Halloween casserole with pumpkin , sausage and all the bits for another day, although technically we should save that for after we have trick or treating. Do you remember last year Merlin went as a MUMMY (the Egyptian kind) . Now how does a mummy end up with lipstick kisses on its nose when it's supposed to scare everybody to death?  And now she's found a book on how to cook all different types of biscuits for us. Well actually we have to say thank you to Uncle  Mick and Aunty Jackie for it but who cares..... All I can say is I feel really really sorry for dogs that have to eat canned dog food. I suppose I had better go and find the three Moggies if the weather is going to be that bad..... But do I have to invite them to dinner? What do you think?  If they don't eat it all I could offer to finish it off, so they don't upset her indoors but they definately don't get yorkshires..... Yes they do, cause I know that they won't be able to eat all of it so I will get them. See all that fresh veg and stuff keeps the old grey cells working at their best. We will accidentally forget to mention that the two legs didn't alter the clocks last night so we went out an hour early and got to stay out longer. Perhaps a good thing if tonight's walk is doubtful. I tried on one of those airmanship leather flying hats last night, think I might need to borrow it, my old mate Dexter.... I hate it when the wind pins my ears back so I can't hear properly...(well that's my excuse LOL) .  Stay Safe everybody. Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment