Sunday 10 November 2013

Female drivers!!!!

I told him, I said don't do it Dexter , but he had to go and be a gentledog! What Bernese in his right paws agrees to lend his best wheels and his two legs to teach some upstart female bone digger to cart?  I made it quite clear last time that carting wasn't for me.... I even went to the extreme of breaking the traces (in two places- might as well do it properly) , and as for teaching some female, well I ask you. Anyway our Dexter went out with me! two up! but being an experienced OLDER dog, he just wouldn't put the paw to the metal, and despite all my playing up we had a sedate and controlled walk. Now that Lacey Locket the pocket rocket, well she's an entirely different kettle of fish. In fairness she's been about carts since she was a small pup, and if I didn't know better I would say she's been practising on the quiet. She had a go last time with harness only,then harness and what was left of the traces and this time it was all or nothing. Add to that there were two black labs and another berner creeping up behind her , and I have to say she coped really well.  I personally think that she and her sister are planning a bank job or something, perhaps a pet shop, or a jewellers? Something that's going to need a quick getaway with a set of wheels to carry the  spoils. I bet they've got passports hidden in their baskets somewhere! That could be why her indoors has spent a large part of this week emptying , washing and drying our goody cupboards. She was looking for their falsified papers and bones. All our winter rugs, towels and kit have all been washed.even the senior dogs coats, and the trolls collection of silly hats and four fingered gloves got thrown in to the washing machine too. Personally I can't see the point cause we are only going to get them dirty, but she said they smelt fusty.  And then as if that wasn't enough the soft old dog let her take the cart out on her own. For all we knew she could have just disappeared with it and hidden it up while they planned the job.  Or, or there is this new berner she's just met. Name of Monty..... Perhaps she's planning to impress him? She was a bit choppsy when they first met on Saturday when we all went for a walk, but she seemed quite struck by the time he went home. Oh well we will just have to wait and see......... What's your choice? boyfriend or bank job ? Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment