Wednesday 18 December 2013

I keep trying.......

Www. The adventures of Gryff. .... Well it's all I can do.... Since every other dog in this house was a puppy,  Merlin has always been there to look after us, to sort out who had what, and who has which bowl. Now with him leaving for rainbow bridge, everybody seems a bit woofy and short on tolerance. Her indoors is still really upset, but i am doing my best to be there for her. I've started lying by her in the sitting room, and when the door goes I bark and sit at her side like Merlin did when she opens the door. The only thing is, when he barked we all went quiet, when I bark everybody else carrys on barking. It worrys me that I might not be as good as he was, in everything  he did. Her indoors keeps saying that he had years to learn all he knew, and I am still a youngster, so I shouldn't worry. Even the troll, who is usually a bit bossy and DO IT NOW keeps telling me everything will be ok.  The Kray twins are really being little s@@ts! There were some Stollen finger things on the back of the table and they stole them..... Ate the lot without even thinking about us, so I had a few growls at them which of course brought her indoors down stairs. I thought she would go ballistic, but she didn't . So that just proves things aren't sorted yet.  Then there are other Bernese , young ones leaving for rainbow bridge and she gets cross and upset and says they are far too young to be leaving , where Merlin was older  by any standard and it  was still too soon for him to go..... His age , she says is what made him so wise and well behaved. I can't remember a day when he wasn't in charge or flirting with the ladies. He got invites from other families for holidays , or requests to babysit their new pups.... He went away on fellas weekends with his friend Rob , and that Miss Lola the St. Bernard . He carted, he  drove around in a motorbike and sidecar. He did fund raising with other dogs for half a dozen charities, and that smile never came off his face..... No matter what was going on , he could deal with it. Add to that he was majorly handsome and loved nothing more than a berner day out ..... Well how do you follow an act like that? Her indoors says we are all grieving but in different ways, (although some people say that us dogs can't grieve) and I think she right. From miss behaving to barking, to wanting loads of cuddles, us dogs do understand when someone leaves...... Sending love to all the homes that have lost a Bernese...... Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment