Wednesday 29 August 2012

Do I , or don't I? I just want to go....

Now as a lot of you Berners know, this weekend is our carting event at Roade, and I REALLY REALLY want to go. I missed May and some of the other bits because Freya was having the pups, then we all had to be careful we didn't bring any bugs home for them to catch and now my favourite pussle has been beaten up and I dont know if I should leave her!! This responsibility thing can be quite worrying as I get older. I watch Merlin and he just seems to have it all under control with no apparent stress or agro. Me I just seem to run around like a lunatic, and still not get anywhere. He plays with the pups on the lawn, and they come in sparkling white clean and tidy.  I take them out and they get covered in mud and we all end up in the bath, and it's the same lawn for bone sake!  To say nothing of the two legs faces! I went in the show ring on Sunday with all four paws, then Bobs my uncle, put one of them down a rabbit hole and the judge apologised and threw me out as unfit! I know what she did was right, but why me. It always seems to be me or my fault. So I mean, do I go or do I stay at home? I know Ghostie my jelly flavoured GSD will share his crate with her and I know he will open and close the door as he sees fit, BUT WILL HE EAT HER BISCUITS?  Merlin says that age has its benefits and I need to stop worrying and it will eventually sort, but the two legs seem to expect so much of me! I will be ten months soon, and they seem to expect the same from me as Merlin. ( I mean he is absolutely ancient, unless of course Flo or one of his blondes is wearing that K'ennel no9. Then he goes absolutely dippy.... I am amazed he hasn't had a heart attack the old Lothario) Do you think I should remind them that  although I am a big strapping lad, I am really only a puppy myself?  Do you think two legs sometimes only see our size and expect too much of us?  Anyway Merlin reckons that as I do most of the puppy sitting now, the obvious answer is for us and the  pups to go together. That will give everybody a break at home, Miss Cat can have her own crate or share as she feels, and the brats (sorry pups) will be well out of her way creating chaos at Roade. You never know, they might be so over awed by it all they will behave.... Well we can live in hope I suppose!  See this is what I mean ....all this  responsibility ...... See u all there, and if I don't, have an absolutely cracking weekend.  Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment