Sunday 14 April 2013

Boil washed deer!!

Www. The adventures of Gryff.... Well this morning it was my turn to go out first in the queue for my walk. Since the pups arrival, her indoors is insisting that we all go out on our own with her... She keeps muttering about individual time and not being left out and all that guff. All I want is a good long run, but this morning that was not to be. Now the old bat at the best of times needs her specs to see where she's going, so I thought my luck was in when I realised that there was a MUTT JACK deer thing in my wood. The gas board recently cleared some of their land so I think it's from there. Anyway, her indoors thought it was a boxer (well I did say she needed glasses!!) so she didn't bother putting me on my lead( my halo is pretty shiny where other dogs are concerned) and then it clocked us and off it went. Well which self respecting canine wouldn't  go after it. Dogs got to do what comes naturally.... Anyway I heard her shout a couple of times and I thought OK home James and get a treat (for that read it left me standing so I took the soft option) and home we went. (halo slung over one ear shining brightly) next out was Lace, and they were talking to a bloke with a designer dog and a  lady with a sheltie. Her indoors was telling them about the Monkjack and u could  see that they just didn't believe her. Well, the old DD shoved his beak into some bushes and out shot the Monkjack.Off they all went, chasing this deer, and even the old lab just coming out his gate went off. You can imagine the old two legs jumping up and down trying to recall their pooches. Well guess who was the only dog to come back?..... LACE . I mean what are the odds to that. If I were a betting dog I would have lost every biscuit I possess.  But the thought of the two legs doing the can can and bouncing up and down does make me smile. Anyway, hail the conquering heroine... Laces halo is now glowing bright pink and she's got this really smug smile on her chops. All I can say is that eventually all the other dogs came back , well worn out, and having missed the Monkjack by miles. But WE all got a special treat.... Digestive biscuits covered in cream cheese. Shine on baby, shine on..... Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment