Monday 17 June 2013

A different Father's Day

Www. The adventures of Gryff. Well looking of FB, it's quite obvious that a lot of you are missing this major person in your lives, so to is my two leg. The troll went off quite happily early Saturday to spend a long weekend at the ancestral troll pit, with the senior generations reliving the football, motor racing, cricket, indeed anything that fell into the Sport/alcohol category and appealed to a dad. Her indoors is not so lucky. So on that  basis, me and Merlin, threw the old bat into the car and took her off for a ride round and a visit to one of my pups Hatty. (Well its my first Father's Day too you know)  talk about grown.... She's beautiful..... She's grown so much, and her little pink nose is nearly all black now. I personally think she could have a career in modelling or films.. She's been on FB quite a few times already, and on I think it was Saturday, she did an impromptu practise for the Andrex puppy. The litte monkey got upstairs and got hold of a toilet roll. You got it.... What wasn't shredded and thrown around the house was wrapped around her like an Egyptian mummy and being dragged  everywhere. Only trouble is, as you try and grab the paper to catch them it just tears off. Anyway I thought it was funny, especially as AJ had saved what was left of the roll and told the family it was still to be used up. Waste not, want not!!!  Anyway when we got home I told the girls about it (the Kray twins) I must be off my barking trolley. Why I did it I will never know? You would think by now I would know better but no. Anyway, seeing how we were spoiling her indoors, we made her a cuppa and the three of us (Merlin her and me) retired to the sitting room, while the girls all lay outside sunbathing. About fivish  her indoors decided we deserved our tea, and you should have seen the garden.OMG. There was chewed up white bits everywhere. Streamers in the rose bushes, the three brooms were scattered all over the place, and they had turned  some of the plants out their pots and chewed up the plastic and shredded it every where. The garden looked like a badly designed black and white chess board. ...... And there sitting proudly in the middle was the toilet roll stand. Her indoors can be quite posh at times, and in the downstairs loo she has (or rather I should say HAD) one of those floor standing ones . You know, one of the posts with a weighted base that stands at the side of the loo. Nice shiney metal one it was with a knob on the top (past tense I'm afraid) . Typical twins in my opinion. Never want to be outdone, always got to be bigger and bestest. Personally I thought she would blow a fuse, but she stood there for a few seconds, looking at the mess then quietly turned around and went back indoors. I have never been so bone smacked in all my life. She got our tea, made herself a cuppa, took a HUGE BAR OF CHOCOLATE out the fridge and went back to watch the TV.  She never said a word to the asbo twins, or anybody for that matter...... Sometimes SILENCE is so loud it deafens you.  Anyway, this morning, I did see her wander off outside armed with a large dustbin bag and yet another yard brush. Don't think the other three will be good for much. ..... Do you. Any way in the spirit of Father's Day, Merlin and I are going out to help her. You know point out any bits she misses and things like that!!! So I will say ..... You never know how valuable something is until you loose it..... Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment