Tuesday 31 January 2012

The case of the missing mini eggs

Ok, who has them..... We are taking serious flack over this.... I may not be Sherlock Bones (sorry had to be done) but she who must be obeyed is throwing a pink fit because all she has left is an empty packet. Because we get up early every day, it's become a habit that after I have had my supper, she and I retire to read a book , or if I nag long enough she will tell me stories of my family ancestors. Last night, on the bedside table was a bag of mini eggs that she has a couple out of every night. ( A couple being any where between two and twenty by my observations). But I must agree with her that there were definitely quite a few left in there when we went to sleep last night. Any way this morning, she puts one foot out of bed and it contacts with an empty packet.... You got it!!!! Some smart Alec has snook in during the night and pilfered the lot. Normally my money would be on Misscat cause she regularly steals food, or will on occasion deliberately knock things off the table, but she doesn't do chocolate. Merlin, well it's just not his style, raise a pair of big brown eyes and he gets anything he wants. That leaves Fatcat Slice n dice and me. What about Ghost I hear you say...NO CHANCE, no bottle bless him, besides his thing is plastic. And then we have the two girls ,Freya and Theia. Now I know CATAGORICALLY it was not me, because I was in my flat with a bowl of biscuits as witness, and Fatcat is so far left of centre that he wouldn't know what to do! Therefore by using my powerful powers of deduction, I say it was THE GIRLS! All three of them infact. I think that Freya and Theia paid Slice and dice to sneak upstairs, knock them off the table and then they could sneak in and pinch them off the floor one at a time under the cover of darkness so to speak..... Well it's either that or dare I say it The Grizzly Troll. Having said that I am certain he is not quiet enough to sneak by me.....I hope, yeh I would have heard him. And of course there are his feet....work it out yourselves !! My nose is pretty delicate you know. There you go, another case solved by the Great Bernese detective Sherlock Bones. All that's left now is to appease she who must be obeyed and to inform the girls that they owe me for my silence, and I will collect later. Yep nice job. You would love my flat, it's really big, bedroom rug one end, snack bar in the middle and bathroom paper the other end. I actually share the room as you have gathered because when the Troll and Merlin start snoring, you can feel the vibration through the walls and you need three maybe four sets of ear plugs to get any peace. She says it's the posh way and I say long live peace and quiet. A bloke needs his shuteye. Besides which, if she had left me on my own those first few nights I would have screamed the house down. The house rule appears to be that once you are house trained you get pretty much the run of the place, and the flat reverts to the next young member to join us. Ghostie must have really put the pressure on for him to still have his own. Thing is, the doors never shut anyway. Leaves all his bits and pieces lying around in there and any Tom Dick or Fatcat could pinch them. Still if he feels safe that way, go for it mate. Any way it's time to be thinking about other things. Would like to send love to Archie and Miss Trinity, thinking of you both guys, and your families. Till next time... Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment