Saturday 17 November 2012

Learner Driver

Www.the adventures of Gryff.     Guess whose got his L plates at last?.. me me me. At long last I am now old enough to start my driving lessons. Personally I think I have been big enough to have a go for ages, but the old battle axe indoors wouldn't let me.  If you ask me she was panicking that I would want my own wheels....WHICH I DO.( Guess I will have to do a letter to Santa Paws cause he was quite good last year. ) Any way uncle Rob and Merlin decided they would take me out under Dual Control, Merlin and I doubled up in the cart and uncle Rob my side so one or other could hit the brakes if we (meaning me) got in trouble. The cart was all lit up because it gets dark so early, and off we went. It was AWESOME, but they are just so slow, the pair of them. I know I have to allow a little bit for age, Merlin is nine, and uncle Rob s that old I don't have enough paws to count on, but really I ask you? It's a wonder I didn't catch a cold.  They were both whittling about  kiddie boy racers, and dignity and looking the part..... Where's the speed merchant in them? We all watch the motor racing, the speeds they go at. .... And we all wish we could have a go....but why do they go round and round in circles? What's the point of not going anywhere for hours at a time? I know when the Trolls got his snout in the tv, he's jumping up and down, muttering threats at cars he doesn't like and then he accuses some of them of cheating because they have bits they shouldn't have.... He gets really up tight. The only thing that makes him worse is football and rugby. He never ever agrees with the ref or the linesman, or even for that matter the commentator.  Anyway when I get my cart I am going to go where I want, at the speed I want, and everybody will just have to keep up with me. Merlin says there's a lot of good looking girls at the carting, so I would be better to go steady and look good instead...well I have plenty of time..... But one place I do want to go is Louth, Lincs the first Sunday in December. There's a big Christmas market on the Sunday, and a load of Bernese go. It's supposed to be really good. Hot pasties, sausage rolls beef burgers... Excellent! This will be my first one and I can't wait.  P.S had porridge with fresh fruit and bits for breakfast to build me up for my wheels. It was gorgeous, you want to try it, the recipe is n Dogs Dinner. Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment