Friday 18 January 2013

Get that motor running...head out on the highway

Www. The adventures of Gryff.   Get that motor running , head out on the highway. When's that snow a coming , heading out my way!,,, anybody recognise my miss quote?  And more to the point WHERE  IS MY SNOW. I listened very carefully to the weather man , and he said from six am it would snow. Got her indoors up at 5 , 5.15, 5.30 (just in case it was early) and every twenty mins or so after that and NO SNOW.  Talked to the Tesco artic driver and he told me it was coming up the M4 whatever that is.  Told me he had food drink, a tv, an in cab heater and a big sleeping bag just in case, but he'd forgotten his teddy bear. Would I consider the job. Bet he was just trying to save money on the heating bill. .... Although in fairness, I could have eaten all his docky (Bernese for food) no problem. We always have a natter.... Cause we bark and go ballistic till they come and spoil us. Her indoors says that pinning them to the lorry and drowning them in slobber and kisses is not the right way to do it, but who cares. It works for us! You can always tell a new bloke on the route because they will not get out the cab.... Then the other drivers wind them up and call them wimps. Bit like our postie.... He always let's the new bloke through the door first, and then bursts into laughter as we all rush out to say hello!  It's just something they do to wind each other up. Well it's nearly mid day and still no snow... All those fancy computers and they still can't get it right!!! Might as well grab a sausage roll or two and put my head down for a bit. Good job my legs a lot better...otherwise she won't let me out. You know I said the vet couldn't find what was wrong.... Well I got caught out last night. Her indoors was making me have a brush and she found this patch of heat between the top of my hip and my back bone... The old @@@@ gave it a poke and I said a rude word. Any way with the rest and the pills I am fine except she still won't let me run around.... Well it will just have to be snow holes and such.  Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment