Thursday 1 March 2012

Glad it's the weekend

I am so glad it's the weekend... Been at work everyday and then on night duty with she who must be obeyed every night because she is a bit off colour and I am looking forward to a rest. Been going to bed really early, taken my Paddywack and some biscuits and a load of books to read to her so she goes to sleep. Gone through Lassie, K9 Snow dogs and a load of magazines, but sometimes I don't think she is listening. Have you any idea how hard it is lying still on a double bed, trying not to wriggle too much, talking away and she goes to sleep. Next thing I know I am being tipped around because she is coughing her head off and heading for the bathroom . I need my sleep too you know. And then last night about two am I was busy telling her that the idiot across the road had come home couldn't get in and was standing in the street shouting his mum to let him in, and did she care .....NO... Could have been anybody! Then about four Slice n dice turns up at the bedroom window and it's shut. What was I supposed to do? I was only telling her! So now I am heading downstairs for my pate and toast... Do you know what the Troll said to me.. Don't go downstairs without the light on! Like I can reach to put it on???? Sometimes you two legs amaze me, especially as my eyesight is four times better than yours in bad light. As I said, roll on the weekend. Had a quick look at my social calendar yesterday. Got eight appointments already for charity walks and weekends away. Can't wait till the weather is a bit better and we can all go carting. There she goes again, really must get her booked in with the vet . She sounds like an old boiler gone wrong. Right here I come Mr Toastie... Just love pate and then I think we will go out and look for Brutus the buzzard. I know we didn't used to get on too well but he's not been about for a week or so and I am a bit worried for him, oh and if anybody has heard any news on the rescue Berner give us a shout. Be nice to know he was safe. Take care , cool runnings Gryff

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gryff, went to the vets today for my 2nd injection, not too bad but then she brought out this other needle, thought she was practicing the javelin for the Olympics. Mum and Dad said it was a chip. Now knowing a little about food I'm still waiting for the fish!!
    Take care, Bryn

    ReplyDelete