Wednesday 23 May 2012

To catch a cat burglar...

As you know, with the safe arrival of my two nieces , life for me has been a bit un eventful. In fact I have been getting away with murder more or less, because by the time I get caught being a little @@@@@ it's way too late to tell me off. A bit like yesterday when I sat on the patio table with my mate Slice n dice. Mum said she could understand it if it was one of those wooden ones, but not the fancy type they have. And, she said she was surprised that a butt the size of mine actually fitted on it. Cheeky mare!!! I will have you know I have a really cute butt, infact all of me is cute, and when I grow up I will be drop dead handsome.... U ask my nan! Anyway apart from my now nightly bed cuddles, I decided that the sponge cake aunty Kath made, the liver cake my mate Bryn sent, and the crumble aunty Val brought round were just not enough bribery to make me behave when all I want really is a load of attention from her indoors when I want it, and not when she finds time. I know she loves me, I really do but I miss following her around the house and watching tv with her and all the other bits we do, just because there are a couple of screaming kids in the house. Anyway, to cut a long story shorter, I wasn't exactly truthful when I told you what Slice n dice and I were talking about sitting on the table yesterday.... Sorry!!! I asked for her help in getting her indoors full attention, and she came up trumps, so this morning I did what she said.... Now we have our own dog room that runs the length of the house, which goes onto the utility and the kitchen. The doors onto the garden and into the house are never shut unless its really cold or pouring with rain. (you know how I love water skiing and tail flicking up the walls fridges and cooker). Anyway last night it was really warm so about four am I went downstairs to lie outside where it was cooler. Now her indoors overslept a bit and came flying downstairs about half an hour later to relieve the troll. Having made sure that she was in the kitchen and could see into the utility and dog room, I put my plan into action. I went over to the wooden bench that's under the utility window and climbed up onto it, and put my head thro the window. I know she looked but I don't think it registered... Then the next thing I know Slice n dice is jumping thro the window next to me. Well you know what they say.... What a cat can do, a Berner can do better! So I gave the window a good shove, opened it up wide enough and jumped thro it, to stand on the work surface wagging my CUTE TAIL at her. Her face was an absolute picture...she just stood there looking at me, and then she started laughing. Not exactly what I had planned but a result! "And how do you think you are going to get down from there" she said. "if you want your breakfast you had better turn around and go out the way you came in, because you are not jumping from that height to the floor". Do you know she looked really small looking down on her, and I just had to let her know by giving her a really wet sticky kiss .... I love my mum so much. Doesn't matter what she does, where she goes, or what she says, I think I have the best mum in the world. I know, you all have the best mums in the world.... SO GO TELL THEM. Oh well, back to the patio table (while I can still get my butt on it). Be glad when we can all wander around the house like normal without running the risk of upsetting the FUZZBALL and progeny . Thanks for all the food parcels, and congrats and stuff. We all really appreciate it, Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment