Friday 3 February 2012

Playing hooky

If I say it myself, I played an absolute blinder today... Got them up early and on the move cause it had snowed a bit again and my tiny little grey cells went into overdrive when I heard somebody say that they had more snow in Norfolk, my home county. Now the other night She who must be obeyed was relating tales of visits to Sandringham woods and the beach at Snettisham and Heacham and I had been thinking how good it sounded and they of course are in Norfolk. Anyway when Aunty Sarah arrived, I suggested we needed some more milk, knowing that she would have to pass the fridge with the cooked sausages in. Bingo, two packets and the milk. Strike one for my plan. Then I chivvied up the pair of them till they had done all they needed to get sorted and by then the sun had come out. Freezing cold but a lovely day all the same. Next job was to get somebody who could drive into the van, with my lunch ,two packets of sausages and a couple of canine friends. Am I good or what? Anyway off we go and first stop is the woods. Awesome. You can walk for miles in there, and go in all different bits. Saw loads of different animals including some grey things called squirrels. If I could go as fast as them on the flat as they do going straight up a tree I could make some serious money. Met this guy in a big truck, who called us over... Scared her indoors to death. Thought we were in the wrong place or something, but he was a keeper out on the estate. He wondered what we were, cheeky so and so.... Anyway seems he thought the three of us were really cool, running around and digging up mole hills but not a breed he had seen before. Told you I was handsome ...... Mind you I suppose Merlin is reasonably smart, but not as cool as me of course. He told us where there might be some deer but we had to be on leads. That suited us, Merlin was getting tired and Theia has a front leg limp sometimes so we headed back down the path he suggested. One minute there was nothing there, the next they stood in front of us. Mum said that they were Mutt Jacks... Never seen a dog like them before. About the same height as a Berner, with greyhound legs and a brown colour with a round body. Looked a bit thick if you ask me, just standing there chewing stuff. Anyway them eating made me feel a bit sharp set and those sausages seemed like a good idea. Nice picnic guys. Can recommend it with a few biscuits of course. Then we headed off to the beach..... Wasnt sure what to expect but there was snow on it so it was ok with me. Merlin of course had to show off and go flying into the water closely followed by her ladyship. It was so funny, her face was a picture... She had never been on the beach either and didn't realise that it comes in two halves. Wet and dry! Don't think she will be doing that again. Got to say personally, I thought it was ok. Perhaps on a warmer day next time.... The water we took in the van froze while we were messing around, so that shows how cold it was. Anyway by this time she who must be obeyed is frozen too and in need of a hot drink. Remind me next time to pack something for her....felt a bit mean, but it was my first picnic.....how was I to know?? Anyway we found a little wooden hut thing and she had a bucket of chips with fish fingers....and I do mean a bucket complete with spade, so going to christen them next time. Can't wait to jump on a sand castle....awesome. Anyway we were all shattered by now, so we headed home. Got to say guys it's a great place to go, but just watch Sept thro to Nov cause they get that seasonal dog bug apparently. Don't know what causes it but it can be real nasty for us canines. Anyway, got to go and sort the domestics out, sand everywhere, must have stuck to her feet.... See you next time guys. Cool runnings Gryff

1 comment:

  1. glad you liked the water sounds like you had fun, poor Theia she's is not a water girl then or maybe it's just to cold. Trinny wasn't too sure either
    Hope to see you all soon and don't eat too many sausages you'll get to fat for your pent house.
    Lots of love Auntie Kath and Uncle Mike xxx

    ReplyDelete