Friday 10 February 2012

Sexy seatbelts

Hi everyone, and especially my friend Alex..... U keep popping up mate, so take care. How are u all doing in the new snow? Excellent isn't it. Hopefully we have a couple more days of it, so I can continue practising to be a snow plough even if the local council won't pay me. From what I have seen , their snow ploughs are scared to go out on their own, saw three together last night. Wimps! Anyway, who among you wear seat belts when you are travelling? I know lots of us have the boot to ourselves with a guard across or even a crate for safety, but today I was really glad I was wearing a canine seatbelt. Bearing in mind I weigh a mere three stone, compared to the fatties in the back six stone plus, it's her indoors practice to keep any youngsters on the seat by her wearing a seal belt. Now in our van there is a guard fitted behind the seats so although the guys know when it's Macdonalds and can ask for all the windows down in summer so their ears can flap and cool them down, they can't actually drive or press any buttons for themselves. But me, she has made me wear a seat belt from day one, even when they picked me up and I went home in the back seat with her sitting with me. Now I have to say that I have been an absolute little s@@@ with this thing.....I hate it. I have a double seat and sometimes I manage to get in such a knot, then she twizzles the thing and it's ok again. Plus of course now I am big enough to see out of the windows and totty spot. Anyway, this morning we were following a van which to me seemed miles ahead of us, when we came to a junction where a small lane joins the main road . We had been watching two cars coming down the lane and you could see they were struggling . Give them their due they were slowing down and then all of a sudden the first one just slid straight on to the main road, and the second one piled into his boot and both shot right into the way of us vans. The van in front just clipped one of the cars and did a lovely double axle, ending up the way it was planning on going, and us we decided an emergency stop was drastically needed, but managed to avoid everybody. Now I know that if I hadn't been in a seatbelt I would have been in real trouble, because I heard the big dogs being thrown sideways. For all the care our owners take of us, and the fact that we let them drive our cars..YES OUR CARS! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THEM SAY " I BOUGHT THE CAR FOR THE DOG) I will never again moan about my seatbelt. Anyway everybody was ok, just bits of metal reshaped and gentlemen????? giving voice to other gentlemen. I looked at mum, she looked at me and we decided we would quietly disappear and let them play. After all the important thing was no dog or person was hurt and bits of metal can be replaced. Anyway if you will excuse me, I can feel the snow calling me......cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment