Thursday 2 February 2012

The White Stuff

Learnt another of the house rules this morning,..... If it's Snowing, Everybody Out! She got me out of a lovely warm basket where I was giving it zzzzzz's to go and play in the snow. She was running around telling everyone to get downstairs like a maniac,then as we all piled up to the back door she just stopped dead.... Now the back door off the dog room is reinforced glass and the outside light is always left on, but the one thing it doesn't have is a cat flap. Yes , you got it..sitting outside, noses frozen to the door and looking like two snow cats were Slice n Dice and non other than Fatcat. Now by my estimation, the Grizzly Troll let us out for the last time about nine thirty just before he disappeared upstairs to read his book. She who must be obeyed had already gone up and was fast asleep all curled up with an electric blanket, so they had been outside for about four or five hours, and when I say that they were White over that's exactly what I mean. WHITE WHITE. Now the average cat would cope but not these two idiots. She threw open the door grabbed them and rushed indoors wanting towels, hot soup, hot water bottles, brandy all the heating putting on, the works. Now I class Merlin as a sensible soul, and he turned around looked at them , and just walked straight out into the snow closely followed by all of us. The chances of the Grizzly Trolls survival were looking pretty small. He didn't do the head count did he? Anyway we just all cleared off into the garden and had a crazy ten minutes barking, practising sliding turns, grabbing lumps of snow and throwing them in the air for someone else to catch.... Well I tried it, but every time I got a mouthful it seemed to just disappear. I would grab it, head over to Merlin to show him, and by the time he took any notice it had disappeared . Got to find out where I was going wrong. Anyway after about ten minutes the noise levels must have registered indoors, because the tattered remains of the Troll came to the door and called us in. Tails wagging and starving hungry we hit the kitchen. Now usually I get a proper breakfast ( honest Nanny Broels) closely followed by hot toast for everyone but this morning the grill had only just gone on but my breakfast was ready. Now I know I should have been polite and offered everybody but I forgot (yeh yeh) so off I went into my office and got stuck in. What I didn't realise was, that as a stop gap for the others ,Mum was ferretting in the treats box. Out she comes with three bags clearly marked "Fish4Dogs". Now I may be young, but for dogs???? Norwegian or Japanese breeds well yes.. Sushi or fish pie, but Bernese Snow dogs.... How wrong can you be. There was chaos... The cats were wailing, Theia was dancing round the room on two legs, and I was extremely glad that I was in my office cause Merlins tail was like a piece of old rope wagging everywhere. Took the towels off the radiator,and tipped up the water bowl, it was manic. Anyway the Troll, anxious to make amends, let me out and made us all sit. Now why if we have to sit don't the fuzzballs? There they are standing on top of my office getting first go at the treats. It said for dogs, NOT FUZZBALLS! Anyway mum starts distributing the treats, till she gets to me. Well first time you are always careful aren't you. Had a sniff, took it gingerly from her fingures and dropped it. Well I thought I dropped it, only problem was it didn't hit the floor. Not sure who got it but I was not impressed! So the next one never touched the back of my throat. Still got to get the full taste of one, but needs must when the devil drives and I was not about to loose any more. One thing I do know is that somebody has got to teach the fuzz balls to read. It definitely said dog, I am sure it did and if they leave their food lying around then it would be rude for us dogs to let it go to waste wouldnt it? Anyway by then the grill has warmed up and the toast hits the rack. One thing I will say in defence of dad is he is an amazing cook. Can make something out of anything and it will be great, bless him. By now She who must be obeyed has calmed down because it's painfully obvious that the cats are fine and quite happy to make the most of being spoilt...As far as snow is concerned it's AWESOME and I cant wait till the weekend when we are supposed to get loads more. Anyway kettles on so hoping the biscuit tin will be out to go with her cuppa..... See I don't miss much already. Will say ta tar for now. Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment