Tuesday 27 August 2013

Summers past....

You know last Thursday her indoors said to me that summer had just about finished and I looked at her wagged my tail, and thought.....YEH YEH YEH. ....but getting up this morning I think she may be right. Thursday where we are was hot but overcast which made it a bit uncomfortable for us fur balls. ( having said that the troll was doing a bit of moaning)  Friday it rained and I mean it rained with lightening. Us smart pooches never gave it a thought... Thunder doesn't frighten us, we are all brave even the pups, and then Saturday morning it poured again. I saw her indoors looking at the big tree in our front, and she said the leaves had started to turn , what ever that means. Rather hoping for loads of little bone biscuits like our tree at Christmas. The size of it we should have enough to last till the one after next and if its turning it might aswell turn into something nice!  Knew the old witch would do something useful one day! Anyway when I got up on puppy watch about twoish it had gone really nippy and now at six, I can't see the kennels across the road. I suppose some might say that's a bargin cause there's a couple of Terriors across there that don't know how to keep their bone shoots shut at the best of times.  Standing here on the door step (the trolls having a managers meeting.... Having a fag!!)  I can see the ends of the leaves are going red....ok smart arse , us dogs can see reds and blues and yellows you know... I think the old boots definitely right.  That means I have missed every berner event this year for various reasons. All the party's , bbq's, the carting, the Cheer leading everything. Can't even go to the garden party because she won't take us because of the pups BORING!  The only thing that's left is a young lady who wants to have a go at carting..... Even that had a down side because her  indoors says she's related to me so I have to be on my best behaviour or Merlin will get the job. He might get the job anyway at this rate... You know I look a bit like Captain Jack Griffinpaw, well exactly twelve months ago at a show I put my paw down a hole and pulled it. This Sunday afternoon I did exactly the same again.... While the showing was going on in fact. The only difference is I was racing around the garden this time. So now I have a wooden leg to go with the pirate look. Where's a fancy dress competition when u need one? Would have won paws down. Sniff sniff....TOAST?? Guess its time for breakfast... Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment