Tuesday 3 April 2012

Bring me sunshine

This morning it was glorious.... Birds every where including Brutus who was sitting in the middle of the lane, playing chicken with a flatbed. We pulled up behind the lorry (since he was sitting in the middle of the road and we had no option) only to find that his hazards flashing in the early morning sun didn't mean that he had broken down, but that Brutus was firmly in control of the Tarmac, and wasn't prepared to give it up. Poor bloke looked really upset....He won't move, I've pipped him and reved the engine and he just sits there.... Do you think he is hurt? What a pleasant change to the average guy who would just have kept going. " I think it must be an eagle of some sort...what do you think? With that, and a very smug look on his beak, Brutus lazily flapped his wings a couple of times and just rose into the air and without a backward glance , showed this poor bloke his tail feathers. Bugger! Said the guy, wound his window up and chugged off into the wild blue yonder. A morning he will never forget. Personally I think Brutus was just finishing his breakfast and didn't want to rush it.... Probably some mole or rabbit that was silly enough to shove it's head above ground. Personally I prefer waiter /waitress service and my dinner in my bowl....pate on toast, digestive biscuits, bone casserole... Not fussy! Anyway that was this morning and it was lovely, now it's throwing down hail and freezing cold. Bet the troll doesn't cover up the new plants in the garden.... She will be well impressed with that. Apparently years ago they used to have a really nice garden but now of course they have us. Can't have both and I personally think that we are better. The good bit about it is that when we get home I can do a grand ski ing turn across the dog room, utility and kitchen, wag my extremely wet tail (especially mudded for the occasion ) across the cooker fridge and washing machine and the Grizzly Troll won't be able to touch me cause her indoors will be there. He really is getting on my tail with this frog dog thing. Now I know how Poirot feels, we are both Belgian NOT FROG! Anyway revenge will be sweet, and then it's time for tea. Excellent. On a different note, I see Nanny Broels is keeping in the family tradition and having her car redesigned. Know the feeling nanny but REALLY REALLY glad tha none of you were hurt. You just can't trust two legs in four wheels. Much better a Berner in a cart, far safer if you ask me. And say what you will I think Troll drivers are the absolute worst....either that or they all need their eyes testing. Anyway enough said, just glad you are ok. Hails stopped, time to go and annoy the Troll..... AWESOME... O and a quick hello to my mates Alex and Bryn. Enjoy the holidays.... Cool runnings Gryff

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gryff, a quick update from Devon. It was a long journey down, somewhere on the motorway (s/be motorstandstill)a two legged was not very good with their driving. Been shopping to Exeter, big places these cities, but has its advantages as lots more attention and reactions from the two legs.
    We had a cream tea today, you were right about the bowl but had it early afternoon (hee hee hee!!). Catch up with you later
    Take care mate, missing you, Bryn

    ReplyDelete