Monday 23 April 2012

Growing old disgracefully ( yippee )

Yesterday our boss dog went clay pidgeon shooting with the troll for the morning.... First of all he got WRONG cause he jumped into the wrong car (Merlins own I might add) which the troll had opened the boot to.... Like how was he supposed to know he was supposed to get into the one with it's doors shut!!!!! Duurrrhhhh!!! And then he spent the following three hours running around with a couple of baby trolls....instead of being allowed to do his job and supervise the shooting. Now as you know trolls can be unreasonable at the best of times, but to look after two when you are eighty odd years of age is above and beyond the call of duty if you ask me. And, And being baby trolls they still had four toes each foot to run on, so you can imagine just how tired our boss was when he got home. He was covered in mud everywhere, his feet were swollen, he was still panting and he walked through the front door, jumped in his basket and put out the DO NOT DISTURB sign. He slept through afternoon biscuits, tea, which was Spag Bol, and breakfast this morning. Now that is totally unacceptable if you ask me! The blokes absolutely @@@@@@@@ . Needless to say she who must be obeyed through a pink fit, she was not a happy bunny at all. Didn't help that we had friends round the night before and we were all late to bed anyway. Question is, does he go again because he is getting on a bit, or do I offer to go with him and sort out these baby trolls. Don't think I will be quite so patient as him especially if they are anything like the big troll. What worries me more is that if he is slowing down, then at some stage I will have to take on some of his responsibilities and I am not sure that I am up to it yet?? like getting into the wrong car. That was the trolls fault because he told him to get in meaning the front door and then opened the boot in front of Merlin....I would have got in the car too. Merlin just gave him THE LOOK and jumped out again....don't know what I would have done! Then this morning I got caught a bit short about 4am. Now Merlin always goes through the night, when will I be able to? The good bit about it was I woke her up trying to tell her indoors and because I had asked, I got taken upstairs and had a lovely cuddle on the bed till the alarm went off! Then there's times when I should bark and times when I shouldn't.... How do I tell the difference.? Then the other day, this gentleman went to give her indoors a kiss, and Merlin was up and between them like a rocket. Either he knew instinctively or perhaps the bloke should have asked his permission.... I just don't know! See what I mean, it's really hard growing up and trying to get it right all the time. one thing I do know is that when I start to grow old, I am going to do it just like Merlin. I shall get covered in mud, I shall hang out the do not disturb sign, I shall still chase the girls and I shall eat all the food I can get hold of. In other words I shall grow old DISGRACEFULLY because it keeps you young. Perhaps all you other Berners should try it... Cool runnings Gryff

No comments:

Post a Comment